Wednesday, April 1, 2015

5 Movies That Tricked Me With Their Trailers!

5 Movies That Tricked Me With Their Trailers!


I love going to movie theaters! Who doesn't? Well...I do know a few people that hate it. 

They're weird. 

But, the magic of sitting in a theater with a good movie, popcorn, and surround sound is simply divine. I have a little quirk. If the movie starts at 8 o'clock, we absolutely NEED to be there at least 15 minutes early to catch the movie trailers. 

I refuse to miss even one! 

But sometimes those movie trailers are just so darn awesome that I mark my calendar to see the movie...just to find out I was tricked, duped, practically trolled. Here are my picks for the 5 movies that had superb movie trailers, and let me down.

1. Cowboys VS Aliens


Come on! Daniel Craig, Harrison Ford, Sam Rockwell? I saw him wake up and activate that wrist bracelet technology, and thought, "Yes! I must see this!" 
What could go wrong? So very much, unfortunately.


2. IFrankenstein


Again, Aaron Eckhart is AMAZING. But what in the world did they do to the movie and plot he's immersed in? Seriously, I was so disappointed.  


3. The Fountain


What...the...heck? It felt like hours and hours of waiting for something remarkable to happen. It never did. Never.


4. Cloud Atlas


Let me tell you what my friend's mom said after we left the theater. "Wow. I thought that would never end." 
My thoughts exactly, ma'am. There were some beautiful scenes, but I counted at least 5 times I thought the climatic scene to tie it all together was going to happen...and it didn't...and the movie just kept going, and going, and...


5. Battle: Los Angeles


Aaron, we meet again. It's nice having you here, but why in the universe is this movie so awful? Why?



5. Godzilla 2014


Don't judge me. I really thought it was going to be good. /sigh



Honorable mentions from my Facebook friends and fans:
1. Divergent (Wait, would you hate me if I said I liked the movie better than the book? Still, I said I'd add fan un-favorites.)

2. The Rum Diaries

3. Watchmen (The scene when Dr. Manhattan transforms might redeem this movie...a little bit)

This...is kinda awesome.

4. The Green Lantern (Wait, this should be in my top 5 too)

5. Bridge to Terabithia (Lured me in with fantasy, dashed my hopes with the death of a little girl.) Oh, hello there Peeta.


Next time I'll share the top 10 movies that totally surprised me with their awesomeness. Can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment