Friday, June 26, 2015

An Interview with Author, Mia Dymond


An Interview 

with Author, Mia Dymond


Where are you from? 
I’m from the great state of Oklahoma!

What inspired you to write your first book?  
I’ve had a great passion for reading since I was a teenager.  Once I started reading contemporary romance novels, I was drawn to spin stories of my own.

Do you write full-time or part-time? How do you balance your writing life with your family/work life? 
I write full time and balance my writing life with my family/work life very carefully!  I write during stolen moments during the day and then I schedule certain hours to write on weekends and at night.

How did you come up with the title?  
I came up with the title of my first book in the SEALs, Inc. series after attending an Aerosmith concert.


Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?  
There is still real, true honest love in the world.



Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life? 
Yes, but I choose not to elaborate for my own safety!

What are your current projects? 
 I am currently working on Book 2 in my Alpha Four series, Tame Me.

If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?  
No, other than expanding the story a bit.

Can you share a little of your current work with us?  
Tame Me is the story of Kat Abbott and Jace “Chaos” Taylor, introduced in Book One, Treasure Me.  Kat is a fiercely independent woman who might have just met her match in Sgt. Taylor.

Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?  
Description!  Since I am a speed-reader, it is hard for me to “slow down and smell the roses”!

Who designed the covers? 
My covers are designed by Dara England, who is also an author.

Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it? 
You can’t please everyone all of the time.

Do you have any advice for other writers? 
Keep writing, no matter what and ignore anyone else’s negativity.

Do you have an agent or publisher? How did you go about finding one?
No, I do not have an agent.  I am self-published on Smashwords.  My books are also marketed on Amazon.com, iBooks, BarnesandNoble.com, and Kobo.com


If you could live anywhere, where would it be? 
St. Thomas, USVI


If you could have any super power, what would it be? 
I would be able to “think” my book onto paper!

Check out Mia Dymond's SEALS INC Series!



Brains before Beauty, that's Rachel Newberry's motto, especially when her quiet, orderly life is interrupted by international rock star, Jaydon Hawke. And true to her word, brains take center stage when she discovers Hawke has a lot more on his mind than beautiful music. Targeted by a madman, Rachel puts her trust in Hawke, a move that may cost both their lives.



Handbags, stilettos, and spa dates -- not retired SEAL Max Sterling's usual m.o. Until Cameron Tremaine. Duty bound, Max tolerates her sass and smart mouth until she pushes too far.


Cameron doesn't need a bald, bossy bodyguard, thank you very much. Especially one oh, so delectable as Max. Except, when someone decides to silence her for good, Cameron realizes bold and brassy go hand in hand.




Former Navy SEAL and private investigator Brett Steele didn't realize there was a politically correct term for stripping until he met Holly London. Initially drawn to her long legs and curvy, toned body, Brett soon learns there is more to the "sensual dance" instructor than he thought.


Holly has a colorful secret: psychic ability allows her to read aura through color. Believing she is a freak of nature, Holly avoids personal relationships and ignores her curse, rendering it a nuisance. Until the atmosphere warns her she has become the target of a madman. 

Faced with exposing her secret, Holly must risk trusting Brett in order to stay alive.



Claire Steele has spent her whole life dodging shadows. Psychic since birth, she uses her talent to chase the evil lurking in the recesses of her mind. 


For years, Lt. Malcolm "Shadow" Windsor has walked the fragile boundary of friendship, silently waiting for Claire to acknowledge her love for him. An ex-Navy SEAL and expert tracker, he knows patience is the key to her surrender. Until sinister forces threaten to eliminate her. 

Caught between love and death, Claire and Shadow must combine both talent and skill to survive.




Tess Michaels, bookkeeper and human calculator, keeps business at The Cathouse clearly profitable - until the numbers begin to fade. Matt Brooks, former Army Ranger and newest member of SEALS, Inc., agrees to investigate, immediately intrigued and aroused by her numerical ability. Yet when Tess becomes his prime suspect, he must do calculations of his own to prove her innocence.


Connect With Mia Dymond:



Twitter @miadymond




No comments:

Post a Comment