Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Meet Paranormal Romance Author, Tish Thawer! **An Interview & Exclusive Excerpt*



Meet our lovely guest author, Tish Thawer

Where are you from? I was born and raised in Missouri, currently live in Arizona, but my heart resides in the mountains of Colorado, where I lived for 15 years.
http://www.tishthawer.com/index.html

Why do you write? To share all the stories that have churned in my head and heart for so long, that I can't possibly keep them contained for another single moment. LOL
What inspired you to write your first book? After a dream, I woke up with the title of the first book in my head and literally, moments later, I knew it was going to be a unique story about a human girl named Rose with secrets, and Christian, the vampire who loved her. Within minutes, I had the other two titles as well.
 What genre do you typically write? Paranormal Romance
Do you feel like you have a specific writing style? I'm not sure, really. I know I'm a pantster, but write in a linear fashion; from point A to Z, straight through from beginning to end. Then I go back and push, pull, cut, twist, dissect, destroy, and then re-create.
How long does it usually take you to write a book? About four to five months if I put my nose to the grindstone. Which usually doesn't happen since I have a husband, five kids (three of my own, plus my niece and nephew that I take care of), and seven animals. O.o So.... with that being said, let's say a solid year-and-a-half.
What do you do to conquer writer’s block? Walk away. Read. Watch movies. Anything but worry myself into a tizzy. I know my muse will spark when it's the right time. I just try not to stress about it.
What can you tell us about your favorite character from your book? Oh man... this is hard. I love all my main characters, but quite a few of the secondary ones have my heart as well. Rose and Christian (The Rose Trilogy) are by far the most romantic and "meant for each other" of the couples, while Aryiah and Damarius (The Ovialell Series) are definitely the hottest!! Raven and Michael (The Women of Purgatory) are just settling into each other at the end of Raven's Breath, and I think they are the most dynamic to me at the moment.
What actor or actress would you like to see play your character in the movie adaptation? Oh gosh, that's a hard one. Off the top of my head, for Raven, I guess I'd say Megan Fox.
Who is your favorite author and what is it about them that inspires you? Gena Showalter! I love that she can cross categories so seamlessly, young adult to adult, and still stay true to her genre. That's what inspires me to write YA, NA, and adult, because each of those is truly a part of who I am as a person and a writer.
 What book are you reading now? None. I simply don't have time, but next on my list is The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness, when I can catch a break.
What are your current projects? Dark Abigail (The Women of Purgatory Book #2) and Queen of The Witches (Ovialell Book #2).
If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book? Um...I don't think so. Only because it ended up twisting in on itself and becoming something I could have never imagined. That to me it pretty damn wicked.
Do you have any advice for other writers? Don't stop. If writing is your passion, keep working hard. Do your research, hire reliable professionals, and tell your story.
 Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers? Thank you! As generic of an answer as it is... it's truly how I feel. A humble thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking a chance on my books. Your support means the world to me.

http://www.amazon.com/Ravens-Breath-Women-Purgatory-Thawer-ebook/dp/B00JOGMXZ6/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=8-1&qid=1404661586

Will she be your Grim Reaper or your Saving Grace?
Raven can breathe life into you, or siphon the life from you...the choice is yours. 

They say your life flashes before your eyes when you die. But what you didn't know...your last thoughts determine whether Raven becomes your grim reaper or your saving grace.

Death has a sinister plan, but his favorite female reaper has been given a new power that will combat his secret mission. The only issue...she hasn't discovered it yet.

Will Raven put the pieces together in time, or will Purgatory be destroyed forever?


Exclusive Excerpt From Tish Thawer's 

Raven's Breath

http://www.amazon.com/Ravens-Breath-Women-Purgatory-Thawer-ebook/dp/B00JOGMXZ6/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=8-1&qid=1404661586
 


"Raven, when was the last time you were sent to Heaven during a retrieval?" His voice was strained and taut.

I pulled from his grasp and took a quick step back, contemplating the odd question. It wasn't unusual for me to visit Heaven, or Hell for that matter; it was part of my job.

"Earlier today, why?"

His jaw clenched, then he and Holli disappeared. Wow. Guess I won't be getting an answer.

I shook my head and took to the sky, finally heading home for the night. As I neared my apartment, I saw Garrett rushing up to the main door of my building. I adjusted my trajectory and touched down gently behind him.

"Hey! Fancy meeting you here."

"Actually, it's not fancy at all.” His intensity shook me. “I need to talk to you."

"What's wrong?"

"Let's get inside." He ushered me into the building and up the stairs to my apartment with the urgency of an undercover spy on a mission.

I flipped the lock. He unceremoniously pushed me inside, slammed the door, spun me around, and pressed my back against it.

"What are you doing?" I demanded.

“I need to check for something." He brushed the hair away from my ears then turned my head from side to side. This is awkward. "Garrett, seriously, what the hell is this about?"

"Not Hell."

"What?"

"Hold still." The edge of panic in his voice had my heart racing. He continued to run his thumb over the smooth skin behind my ears and down each side of my neck. "Oh my God, he was right," Garrett breathed.

I'd had enough. I shoved him off with enough force to push him away from me. "What are you talking about?"

"You've been marked, Raven."

I stared at Garrett like he was an idiot, but it was I who was completely clueless. "Marked? By what? What do you mean?"

"I mean..." He grabbed my arm and pulled me to the mirror hanging next to the front door.

"...Heaven has marked you.”


SOCIAL LINKS:









PURCHASE LINKS:







No comments:

Post a Comment