Friday, September 19, 2014

An Exclusive Interview with Author, Calinda B.

Meet our incredible guest, Calinda B, the author of Red Rex: Blood Echoes

· Where are you from?
Born in Redding, CA, moved to the Bay Area when I was 12. Now I’m a happy Pacific Northwesterner. I love it up here!

·  When did you start writing?
You mean as a career, right? Spring of 2011

·  In this new release of yours, who is your favorite character?
Red Rex of course! I have a soft spot in my heart for young men since I have two of my own. I wrote about this guy, about to graduate from high school, who thought he had his life all mapped out, like young kids do. He experienced a very disturbing rude awakening, however, when he got to see how evil his father, a male Deltarc from another planet, really is! He thought he’d take after his mother, the empath. Turns out he might have a few dark secrets to spill!

·  What inspired you to write this story?
I had a particularly challenging summer. I was able to process and sort some of the challenges through the writing of this book. Also, I knew I’d be releasing a sci-fi bundle with a group of authors this summer (Sci-fi Nights)so wanted to get another sci-fi book under my belt.
·  Are you an outline person or a non-outline person?
Non-outline. I get an idea and follow the thread to see what comes out in the weaving.

·  What is your favorite part of the writing process?
When I’m immersed in a story I go to a really happy place inside. I sort of “become” the characters and that’s it – I’m gone, thinking about their next move, plotting while in the car, under the sea scuba diving, wherever…it sort of takes over.

·  If you could change anything in your writing career so far, what would that be?
Oh, I’d be wealthier from writing! Of course! Movie deals, television series galore. I don’t think that’s what you were asking though.“I know there’s perfection to the process and my learning and growth have been as they need to be. I get a little impatient sometimes for greater success, but I know it’s coming!”

·  Where do you see yourself in five years?
I’ll be living somewhere else with my sweetie pie (we’d like to move somewhere nearby), we’ll be traveling a lot more than we are currently, relaxed and happy.

·  Do you have any advice for other authors?
Hang in there! Don’t expect instant success no matter how good you think you are. Enjoy the ride. Surround yourself with positivity, positive people.

·  What is your next project?
I’m currently working on my next contemporary romance, Trouble Times Two, the sequel to Looks like Trouble To Me. A publisher picked up six of my books and they’re currently starting to trickle out of the editor’s hands so that will keep me busy for a while. Always a new story on the horizon!

Thanks for stopping by The Nomad Scrolls! Please visit Calinda B. 
Calinda B
Author of sexy paranormal romances

Exploring the wickedly beautiful world inside and outside my head

Want to stay on my mailing list and stay informed about my books? Subscribe here.
Like my books? I’d appreciate a review! Visit http://www.amazon.com/Calinda-B/e/B005DHC69S





No comments:

Post a Comment