Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Dinner @ The Liberty-Charlotte NC

As promised, I am glad to tell you all about my Thanksgiving dinner at The Liberty in Charlotte, NC. I was happy to book a reservation for my friends and I when I saw the three course dinner that they were offering. That third course, was a dessert bar! 

 First of all, I've been to The Liberty on numerous occasions and they have an awesome lamb burger. The location is in the lovely South End are of Charlotte and the interior decor is nice and chic, with a lovely dining area and separate bar area.
Ok, now, let's get to the food!

First Course: My guests and I enjoyed delicious pumpkin gnocchi, rock shrimp salad, and lobster and crab cakes. I particularly loved the sauce on the pumpkin gnocchi (my first time having pumpkin!) and the vinaigrette on the crispy rock shrimp salad.

 










Second Course: Prime rib with creamed spinach casserole and mashed potatoes with a mushroom gravy...yum! The pork was also delicious with smoked Gouda mac and cheese, bacon wrapped ham and sweet apple compote. Wow! It was the only dish that really looked like typical Thanksgiving fare, but it was definitely superb.





Third Course: Dessert!!! I was wary, since I am allergic to eggs, and it's rare that a restaurant has a dessert that I can actually eat. To my surprise, they had plenty for me to enjoy! I had the berry cobbler and apple crisp...amazing! They also had an assortment of chocolate cake, cookies, bread pudding with marshmallows, cheese cake with strawberry sauce, lemon meringue tarts, and a few other things that I can't quite name, since I've never tried them. Just know, there was a smorgasbord of sweets on that table!

It was an overall delightful experience and completely stress free, with no clean up! Yay! The service was wonderful and the owner even stopped by. He was very friendly and personable. I'd recommend The Liberty to anyone. If you're ever in Charlotte, please stop by. They have amazing burgers, salads, and a yummy, popular, fresh pretzel appetizer.
Thanks The Liberty!

No comments:

Post a Comment