Friday, January 1, 2010

My Favorite Masterpiece Classics

My Favorite Masterpiece Classics



The BBC is brilliant when it comes to turning classic British Literature into timeless works of art on the screen. Without spending a ton of money on their productions they still manage to find the best actors and actresses to make these wonderful tales come to life. I love movies set in a different era, with all of the costumes, different landscapes and tales of love and triumph, wealth and poverty, and even tragedy. Here are my favorites!
Little Dorrit
Emma
Pride and Prejudice
Wives and Daughters
Wuthering Heights
Tess of the d'Urbevilles
Daniel Deroda
David Copperfield
Oliver Twist
Great Expectations
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
Persuasion
Sense and Sensibility

2 comments:

  1. I am a BBC fanatic!! Love all your favorites except Wuthering Heights and Great Expectations... Have you seen the new Emma? It hasn't come to the states yet, but you can watch it on youtube. I actually think it's better than Gwyneth Paltrow's version, although not everyone agrees with me!! Have you watched The Buccaneers, if not you should try it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I love the Buccaneers! Can't believe I forgot to list it! That was a great movie. I like Gwyneths version but I also like the girl in the new one, it airs in the U.S this month :) Can't wait! I am sure the BBC version will be better, they follow the books pretty well. Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete