Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Robin Hood


Russell Crowe, Cate Blanchett, William Hurt, Mark Addy, and Matthew MacFadyen, in this 2010 remake of the classic tale, Robin Hood.

I can't wait!

We all love Russell Crowe in epic movies, Gladiator is one of my favorites. There's speculation that he'll 'toughen' Robin of Loxley up! I didn't want to see him in green tights anyway. He was originally supposed to play the Sheriff of Nottingham, but I am glad they didn't go that direction.

Then there's Cate Blanchett, oh my, I'll let you in on a little secret. This is the woman that has a secure role as a character in my latest novel. When it becomes a movie that is! She is remarkable. I love her small role in the Lord of The Rings Trilogy, and less known starring role in The Gift, opposite Keanu Reeves, Hilary Swank, Giovani Ribisi and various other stars.

Less known is Matthew MacFadyen who will play the Sheriff of Nottingham. I have a special appreciation for this British actor. His roles in many BBC masterpieces and in Pride and Prejudice opposite Keira Knightley as Mr. Darcy are wonderfully done. I am looking forward to seeing him in this big budget adventure. You can also see Mark Strong as one of King John's henchmen, you may know him from Stardust and most recently, the villain in Sherlock Holmes.

It has been directed by Ridley Scott, whom we can thank for such works as Gladiator, Blade Runner, Alien, Thelma and Louise, American Gangster, and Kingdom of Heaven. It's safe to say that this man makes amazing movies that can stand the test of time. This remake will be available for your viewing pleasure May 14th.

No comments:

Post a Comment