Tuesday, January 5, 2010

This week in movies!



I'm a huge fan and follower of vampire movies. Growing up reading Anne Rice books, and having Interview With The Vampire being my favorite movie in elementary school, I love watching how other directors and authors portray these mystical, intriguing beings. This week we get to see Ethan Hawke(Before Sunset, Training Day) in the highly anticipated fang fest called Daybreakers.

Along with Sam Neil(Jurassic Park, Event Horizon), Willem Dafoe(Spiderman1,2,a
nd3), Isabel Lucas(Transformers:Revenge of the Fallen) and Claudia Karvan(Aquamarine) we get to see a world where, due to an unknown plague, most people have been transformed into vampires. The vampires rule the earth and the remaining humans are simply farmed for blood. With supplies dwindling, a small group of vampires have made a wonderful discovery that could be a way to save the human race.


Then there's Leap Year! I admit I am a little excited. I can appreciate an occasional romantic comedy:) I absolutely love Amy Adams, she is so charming and versatile in her roles. She can adapt to family fantasy movies such as Enchanted, gritty dramas like Doubt, and indie hits such as Sunshine Cleaning. I even enjoyed her as the younger sister of Debra Messing in The Wedding Date. Her co-star is the gorgeous British actor Matthew Goode, who I couldn't believe played the smartest man in the world in Watchmen. He looked completely different with blonde hair. I also loved him in Match Point opposite Scarlett Johansson and Johnathan Reece Myers.
Following an Irish tradition in which a man must say yes if proposed to on a leap day, Amy Adams plays a women who travels to Dublin to propose to her boyfriend.
On the course of her journey she gets a local driver and guide, Matthew Goode to help and accompany her. Well the story is pretty formulaic to me and I can guess what will probably happen, yet, it should be a joy to watch.

Finally, there's Youth In Revolt. I like Micheal Cera in his previous roles, Superbad, Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist, Juno, but this movie I'm not so sure about. Honestly, if he and the guy from The Hangover (Zack Galifianakis) weren't in this movie, I probably wouldn't bother. Oops, did I say that? Lol. Well the premise is a little off, but who knows, we might get surprised.
The journal of Nick Twisp, an 18-year old high school student, who goes on a quest to lose his virginity after his parent's breakup, by creating a "supplementary alter ego". Give it a chance, these guys are usually pretty funny!

I look forward to this Friday! See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment