Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Brothers


The Brothers staring Tobey Maguire, Jake Gyllenhaal and Natalie Portman was at the very least, intense. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'll admit, this is not the type of movie I'd go to a theater to see. Usually it's all action/adventure, fantasy, special effect type of movies that I go for. Nonetheless, I am a big fan of Natalie Portman, ever since her wonderful performance as a child in The Professional.

So after sitting there for an hour and fifty minutes, yawning a couple of times (mostly because I was just tired) I was quite impressed by Tobey Maguire's performance. After being classified as dead after an aircraft crash in Afghanistan, Maguire's wife, Portman turns to his younger brother, Gyllenhaal, who is was once treated as the family screw up. Gyllenhaal takes over the role of a fatherly figure to the children and even achieves a kiss from Portman. Of course, once they find out the Maguire is alive, things get tricky. In my opinion, he aptly portrayed the role of a traumatized, paranoid, troubled marine.

I won't give up too much more of the story, just see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment