Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My favorite classic films pre-1960


I am a huge classic movie buff. Movies in black and white don't bother me in the least. The actors of this time period were amazingly talented, often having to have multiple talents to make it in the film industry. Women and men alike usually had to have stunning good looks, impeccable acting as well as the ability to sing and dance! My favorites actors of this time are Cary Grant, Rosalind Russell, Audrey and Katherine Hepburn, Ester Williams, Ingrid Bergman, Danny Kaye, Red Skelton and Bette Davis. There are many more, but I love the movies these actors are in. Their movies are timeless and full of depth. My favorites are as follows:
In Name Only
The Women
Sylvia Scarlett
Bathing Beauty
Pride and Prejudice
The Picture of Dorian Grey
All About Eve
An Affair to Remember
Dark Victory
It's a Wonderful Life
Jezebel
Breakfast At Tiffany's
The King and I
Gone With The Wind
King Kong
Meet Me in St. Louis
Hans Christian Anderson
The Wizard of Oz
And many, many, more!

No comments:

Post a Comment