Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Sherlock Holmes


This is dedicated to one of my loyal followers who requested that I write something about this upcoming film. Robert Downey Jr. has been a favorite of mine for some time. We go waaay back lol. I remember him in Only You with Marissa Tomei and I fell in love. When I heard that he was going to be Iron Man, despite my love for him, I was skeptical. Never again will I doubt his abilities! He was amazing as Tony Stark, the billionaire weapons developer/super hero in Iron Man, and the not yet released Iron Man 2. What about Tropic Thunder? Can I just say that he totally stole the show. Ben Stiller is funny, and we expected him to be the main comedic influence in the movie. Surprisingly, it was Downey Jr, who filled that spot. He was absolutely hilarious.

Now there's Jude Law, remember Gattaca? That was the first time I saw him, and have enjoyed him ever since. Closer was an amazing movie, although Natalie Portman and Clive Owen were the most pivotal characters with the best performances for me. Combine Robert Downey Jr. as Sherlock Holmes, and Jude Law as Watson and you've got instant movie magic. I will be at the theater this Christmas with a group of friends to see this riveting, action packed, instant classic. I am excited to see Rachel McAdams( The Notebook) flaunt her onscreen charm as well. I'll keep you posted with an accurate "post viewing" review this Friday!
See you there!

4 comments:

  1. What a great review! I just love reading your fantastic blogs about the upcoming movies - had no idea you were such a HUGE Downey Jr fan - knew you were a fan - but wow!!! I am also seeing Sherlock Holmes this Christmas Day in Buffalo with my brother Peter! I love Guy Ritchie - this should be a hoot! Rachel McAdams is one of my new fav's - how could you leave out Mean Girls?? She stole the movie and made it watchable! Waiting on NINE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you do a top 10 Musical Favorites and old movie fav's too????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely Nunie!! Glad you like enjoyed reading my articles :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you say musical, do you mean movies like The Sound Of Music? Or music artists like Coldplay?

    ReplyDelete